Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wednesday Weigh-In

Wednesday Weigh-In

Its actually Tuesday night and I've got no good news on the OSB front. Let's just get that out of the way. And Couch 2 5 k has been 'OK' except I've done the worst thing I could have possibly done. I've started watching LOST again. I couldn't resist.

To give you an idea of how obsessed I've been, I started where I left off a few months ago. I popped in the season two DVD about a week and a half ago. Now, I am halfway through season four. Ridiculous. I can't stop.

Thanks A lot, Andy.

And to answer your question, NO, I don't suddenly have all this new free time. This LOST obsession is stealing from my sleep and my exercise. That's right, I am not sleeping enough AND not exercising enough. I AM A HEALTH AND FITNESS ROLE MODEL.

Now, I am at the point where I just need to get through it. I can't stop. My eyes are BURNING and my eyelids are heavy but I just need to watch! Its totally crack. But I have that weird feeling I get when I am nearing the end of a really good book. I don't want it to end, so I draw out the last pages because I know that once I am done reading them - ITS OVER. And then I am left with that empty feeling. I anticipate feeling that way when I get all caught up with the show. And the new episodes don't start until January! How will I survive? WHAT will I do??? Maybe I'll actually get off my ass again and go running and actually get to sleep at a decent hour. That's what.

*Sigh*

Anyhow, today I met with Niki, a fellow multiples mom (She's actually got FOUR kids altogether), for a walk in Montrose. Though we only moved a short distance away, I miss living there. Before pregnancy and babies, Brian and I used to take walks through town in the evening. It was nice to be able to walk to restaurants. Of course, that was back when we had two incomes and no kids and actually went to restaurants. HA! Times have certainly changed! I love it though! :) And of course, I LOVE where we live now. I cannot imagine my days with these three big babies in that small apartment where we used to live. The five of us were so cramped there! Thank goodness my in-laws helped us find this much bigger place to live. Totally worth moving with four month old triplets - although, just thinking back to that time still gives me a headache.

Back to the walk...it was the first time I had seen Niki since my pregnancy (I think). She has been such a positive force throughout this process for me. Although we didn't even know each other that well, as soon as she found out about my triplet pregnancy through a mutual friend (Hi Jenny!), she reached out to me and gave me lots of encouragement and support. She also gave me lots of STUFF! That's right, baby clothes, a twins nursing pillow, incredible advice for managing more than one newborn, and lots more! Her suggestions about what to use (types of burp cloths, lotion, the BEST receiving blankets, etc.) have all been SPOT ON. It has taken over nine months (I KNOW...your monthly update is coming.) for me to actually get together with her. But the cool thing is that she totally understands having been there herself. Never gave me crap for taking too long to return e-mails/phone calls/texts...especially in the thick of it when the babies had just come home. She dropped things off on our doorstep so as not to wake up babies or delirious mommy. I honestly can't remember any of it but I do think of her help everytime I put the babies in any of the clothes she passed down to us. All of her help has been just a mom reaching out to a mom, with no expectation. I am so grateful for her graciousness and understanding and look forward to more walks and playdates! :)
Of course, in my sweaty race to get myself and three babies out of the house, I forgot to grab my camera. Thankfully, Niki remembered hers and got these shots of us with the babies (her daughter took these shots for us):

Look how cute our babies are! And check out that guy walking by...staring at all the babies! We got a lot of looks like these...
Apparenly, we were quite a spectacle and got lots of comments and turning heads. Besides the oppressive heat, it was great. We even stopped for frozen yogurt, which was perfect.

After our walk, I got adventurous and decided to stop at the grocery store for a couple of things before heading home. This was the first time I went to the grocery store ALONE with the babies and we were just fine! In fact they were having a blast, giggling and singing in the aisles. And they didn't even squawk as I changed each of their diapers in the front seat of the truck before going in. That must have been a nice sight for passers-by in the parking lot. In the store, I got LOTS of looks and lots of questions and comments. People were mostly nice, except one person who gave the "Triplets??? Better YOU than ME!" comment. Whatever lady! I agree!
So, aside from a few people coughing around the babies (I actually told someone to step away as they continued to approach the strollers while coughing) and another lady REACHING IN to touch Jackson, the day was great!

So here's to a better OSB week and to me actually running more than once. Wish me luck.

P.S. In case you hadn't noticed, the blog has been under construction. Fellow triplet mama, Stefanie, has been working on a whole new look for me and I am loving it! I think all that's left now is some tweaking here and there but overall, don't you like it!? I'll let you know when its all 'done'. Thanks Stefanie!!

0 comments: