Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 - Questions and Answers

2008 - Questions and Answers

I totally swiped this from Pam who got it from here. It seemed fun so I thought, "Why Not?".
I really enjoyed it! Do it if you want to. I am so curious to read yours!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Lactate. Although that technically started in December 2007.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think I was just thinking about survivng 2008. I am working on some resolutions for 2009.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, My SIL.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, My MIL on August 23, 2008

5. What countries did you visit?
Well, with three newborns, I didn’t leave the house a whole lot for the first half of the year. And then when I did, I certainly didn’t leave the country, unless Target and the grocery store count. And they don't. So "none".

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Extra cash. Some wiggle room. Five people, one income, living in Southern California – lets just say its not easy.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 30 – Jackson came home
February 2 – Alexis came home
February 14 – Zachary came home

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Surviving! Just kidding. Sort of.
I guess I felt like I really achieved something by getting them all to sleep twelve hours at night and on beautiful nap schedules - where they would actually all nap.
Don’t say I’m lucky because I’ll seriously go nuts on you if you do. It was hard work and total consistency. Don’t get me started! Which reminds me, I really need to write those sleep posts.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining weight and being this out of shape after a whole year. NO EXCUSES.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing aside from issues related to THAT pregnancy, I guess. A couple of colds too.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don’t know. Anything I bought was pretty much baby-related. Maybe this book.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The babies! And Brian’s. He has totally risen above any and all expecations I had for him as a Daddy. He is amazing.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Can’t really talk about that here.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Formula. Holy crap was that expensive.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I truly got excited about them sleeping through the night. And about them not being on monitors anymore. And them not being on medication anymore. And them not refluxing all over the carpet/couch/me/etc. anymore. And about the few months that my parents took the babies on Friday nights (WOW that was awesome. They did the late night feedings AND I got to sleep in one day every week for a while. God bless them. I MISS THOSE DAYS.). And about moving from formula to milk – that’s been awesome!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I think the entire Bedtime with the Beatles CD will always remind me of this year.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? MUCH happier. I was on the verge of massive PPD this time last year.
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter. %$&#!@*&^$@!!!
c) richer or poorer? Same. Maybe poorer?

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I took more pictures and exercised more.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating crap. Worrying.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Unfortunately I was miserable with this horrible cold (still coughing!). I tried to keep up with the babies, although Brian and my family had to take over because I was too sick.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Everyday :)

22. What was your favorite TV program?
LOST and The Shield

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
NO. I don’t hate anyone.

24. What was the best book you read?
Honestly, it was a tossup between “Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child” by Marc Weissbluth and the infamous “Babywise”.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hmmmm, the only music I can really think of is the music that is constantly playing from my children’s toys. And our baby Mozart Cd.

26. What did you want and get?
Three healthy babies home. And babies on a solid schedule.

27. What did you want and not get?
Nothing that important. My fanny pack removed. No, seriously…nothing I can think of.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Vicky Cristina Barelona.”

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We had a birthday party. I turned 32. Or 29 again, depending on how you look at it.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had a minivan and could fit into any of my clothes.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Comfort. Sporadic bra-lessness. A fragrant combination of sweat and ointment. Messy up-do. Boxer shorts and t-shirts. Spanx to keep the 'bag-o-skin' together when leaving the house. I am ashamed to say it, but its true. I need to get it together this year.

32. What kept you sane?
My closest peeps. My support system. My quiet time.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
What? I was so out of the loop this year that I don’t even know how to answer that one. I guess Gavin DeGraw since I went to his concert and I LOVED it!

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The dang bailouts. DON’T GET ME STARTED.

35. Who did you miss?
I sometimes miss having co-worker girlfriends in my day-to-day life. I miss good talks with Kathy. I miss making trouble with Jenny because our schedules don’t quite mesh since the babies were born. I miss Michelle since she lives far away. I miss connecting with Lori. I miss laughing and sharing with Shuzhe. I miss lunches with my ladies. There are so many I have left out – A LONG LIST. I could go on and on. But I am really glad to be where I am at. I LOVE being with my kids!

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I guess its YOU people in the computer. I honestly don’t know what I would have done or HOW I would have coped without your comments and e-mails and phone calls and prayers and thoughts and love and humor.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I learned to trust my instincts.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I can only think of the songs from my kids toys. Really. “If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands,” comes to mind! Seriously. And the itsy bitsy spider. That one gets a lot of action around here. Otherwise, I’ve got nothing profound for you.

Do you have any more questions you would like to know the answer to? Either ask in the comments section or send me an e-mail if you're too bashful. Ask ANYTHING. Really.

Happy New Year!

0 comments: