Friday, September 28, 2007

like a ton of bricks

We've been hit hard. Both of us have this sudden and AWFUL cold/sinus thing. Wednesday night I though I was having allergies (something that has become relatively common with pregnancy). Thursday morning, I felt weird but just figured stuff is blooming after the recent rains and the allergies are full force. But as Thursday wore on I felt really fuzzy. A friend dropped by to bring me lunch and baby clothes (thank you!) and as soon as she left, I passed out! Later on, I felt like I had been hit by a train - so tired and completely congested. Brian came home from work feeling the same way and immediately I knew...this was more than allergies. Nothing knocks Brian over. He rarely gets sick. Its always been me that gets hit with these turbo colds. But here he is and poor thing - the bigger they are, the harder they fall!
I am coping as best I can, considering I am only using Tylenol for the headaches and Breathe Right strips for the congestion. And of course, lots of water. I can't take anything else and its making it hard to sleep - hence I am out of bed typing this right now. This is kicking my butt!
I hope this passes quickly - I am staying in bed the next 2 days and not leaving! I'll try and post a 21 week picture later on - we'll see how I feel.

0 comments: