Thursday, September 13, 2007

18w 6d Today - yesterday's ultrasound update

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday's 18 week 5 day appointment was good. My Mom went with me and we waited FOREVER but in the end it was a quick appointment with a good outcome. We had a quick ultrasound. The pictures are not so good for 3 reasons:

1. The dr. was in a rush
2. The machine was crappy
3. The babies were wiggly!

The important thing, however, is that everyone looked ok!


Baby A

Baby B
Baby C

Currently they are in the same triangle position as before with 2 laying across the bottom , head to toe (which explains why I am so wide across the bottom!) and one laying very high across the top of them. The one on top (baby c) has the most room which explains why I can feel that one moving so well! :) And they are HUGE! Approx. 6 inches from crown to rump each - My entire belly is "baby"! I can't get any wider so OUTWARD I will grow. They will likely get too crowded to stay in their current configuration and end up shifting positions. I wonder if I'll be able to feel it?
I have gained 12 lbs since the last time they weighed me at that office which means I have gained 25 LBS so far!!! WOW! No wonder everything hurts! I wish I were allowed to do SOME strength training because I feel like I am getting weaker and its getting harder to move around. I feel like if I were stronger I would have an easier time and less pain.
My blood pressure was just perfect - 110 over 70. That was a relief since high blood pressure is a risk for women pregnant with multiples. And if you remember, I was somewhat worried a few weeks ago because of all of the swelling. It turns out that those really bad swelling days coincided with the REALLY hot (106-108 degrees) days. So as long as I manage my body temperture well and keep cool, its manageable. I just lay down or elevate my feet and it gets better. I still am a little swolen and my feet hurt every time I get out of the shower but I cool off quickly.
My OB also reigned me in a little with my activity. I am now on a bit stricter version of the of my current modified bedrest situation. I basically need to be laying down most of the day. I am still allowed to run a couple errands a day (e.g. lunch with a friend, go to the bank, etc.) and I have a daily 10 minute walk but I need to be laying down when I am not doing these things. No sweeping through the house to "pick up" or straighten things. The housework is officially OVER. Thank God my sister has committed to coming over every Wednesday for a couple of hours to help with the house or whatever I need. I am SO GRATEFUL. Currently, I can still make dinner which is good. I still like to eat my food, when I am actually up for cooking! The Dr. said the better I do now at resting, the better chances the babies have of staying in there longer and the further we can push out my REAL bedrest which will further push out my hospital bedrest. This was VERY good news! The only thing that would change this, she said, was if Dr. DeVore decides I need real bedrest sooner. Let's hope he decides I am ok for a while! Next week is my scheduled 20 week appointment with DeVore. I am really looking forward to this one.
Pregnancywise, today has been a tough day for me. I have been very emotional and overwhelmed but I expect to have days like this with all that is going on and with all the hormones working inside of me!
I got info from the car insurance company that the car is going to take a couple more weeks. grr. and then I found out today that there is some problem with my health insurance coverage and bla bla bla...I may not be covered to see Dr. DeVore next week. I was on the phone with 3 different people trying to get things squared away. I have a new provider group (Phyicians Associates) and I have been told by several people that they are impossible to deal with and they deny eveything. But, how can they deny coverace for me to see my own perinatologist??? I am paying $700 a month for insurance and I am still fighting??!!? Seriosuly people! I won't find out for sure if I can see DeVore until possibly the day of the appointment. AAAGH! Some days I feel like every little thing is making this so hard!
I just have to hold on. I KNOW that God has a plan for us and that we will be fine no matter what. There is a reason he has entrusted us with these 3 babies. I just have to do my best and keep a good attitude so I don't lose my mind!!! I want to get so ticked off and have a really bad attitude sometimes- and I DO have those moments, trust me - but it is such a slippery slope. I can't afford to go there. I can't let myself get that stressed. I have to stay happy and calm for these babies! I have faith that everything will work and I need to stay focuesd on the blessings and the gift that all of this is. This chaos is an important time that will help strengthen us for tougher times that may come ahead. I KNOW worrying is useless and that worrying about insurance and money and the car and...everything - it will do nothing but stress me out. I KNOW this like I know my own name but sometimes its just so hard. Of course, as I was reading one of my daily scriptures today, I read the following:
“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing?.... Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?"
Matthew 6:25-27
Just perfect. Like it was handed to me. I know that I don't know the outcome of many situations in my life but I do know that I will have the strength to handle whatever comes along. I just have to remember sometimes. :)
Oh, I can't end this LONG POST on a "worrying" rant! Let's move to gratitude.
I am so grateful for the wonderful things that are happeining right now. We have been blessed with supportive and generous family and friends - so blessed. So many people, all across the country, are looking out for us and praying for us and our babies. Everything that is important to me - my family, healthy babies, my loving husband...I have everything I need. I am thankful.
Thanks for reading - love to all!
Cindy







0 comments: