Tuesday, August 28, 2007

After weeks of watching Cindy do such a wonderful job with the blog I figured I should post something. Pictured is a pair of booties a friend gave to us, our first ultrasound picture, and an John Elway toddler jersey I purchased almost 10 YEARS ago! When I purchased the jersey I knew that I would eventually want kids, but I never imagined that I would be a father of TRIPLETS! With football season coming up I started to think about my little baby Elway jersey that has been sitting quietly in my closet for almost a decade. I started to think that I only had ONE jersey for THREE kids! That's when it hit me...I had to take a picture that inlcuded the jersey AND the first picture of all three of my babies. GO BRONCOS!!!

Wow. Where do I start? Cindy has done a terrific job so far; I guess I'll begin with how I feel. I know that I am not carrying three little humans in me and I have not experienced morning sickness, back pain, swollen feet, headaches, muscle cramps, or any of the other symptoms Cindy has had to deal with. My heart goes out to her as she has really handled everything well...I am SO proud of her. She is going to be the GREATEST mommy EVER!

I have to admit, I think about our three little young'uns every day, every hour, and every minute. Who's nose will they get? Will they get mommy's beautiful eyes? Will they get daddy's bald spot? Which grandparent will they look like? What personallity traits will they have? The questions are endless. At times, Cindy and I sit for hours just talking about them.

I have to say, it is funny. My whole life I have not been the "baby type"....just ask any of the guys I played ball with, or any of my fishing buddies. However, once I found out I was going to be a daddy, EVERYTHING changed. It was awesome....words can't really describe it. The best way I can describe it is as follows: LIFE CHANGING....and I look forward to every minute of it. This is the next step in our lives together, and I am REALLY excited!

Brian

0 comments: