Saturday, August 25, 2007

16 weeks belly

Hi Everyone!


Nothing new to report. Still experiencing the incredible swelling everywhere...especially in my feet, hands and face. I joke with Brian that my feet sometimes look like eggplants, they're so swolen! And they HURT. Some days are better than others. I try to drink TONS of water and elevate my feet. I can really only be standing for about 30 minutes at a time before I need to sit for a few minutes.
The 3 babies are growing and pushing everything around inside of me already. I can't lie...I am REALLY uncomfortable most of the time. It feels like I fell on my butt bone or something. My body is changing rapidly and I feel like I'm working with someone else's body! I am blown away by how fast all of this is happening. It just feels so different. I knew I would grow rapidly since there are 3 of them but it still surprises me every day! Its really a fascinating thing.

Here are 2 shots that Brian took yesterday (can't you just FEEL from these pictures how swolen I am??):


I'm glad he left my swolen feet out of these shots - they were HUGE!

Otherwise, things are good. I've had a couple of sad moments when I realized some of the realities of my limitations, especially during the upcoming home bedrest and the following weeks of hospital bedrest. I admit I shed some tears when I realized that I wouldn't be able to put together the babies' room. I have always dreamed about setting up my baby's nursery someday (as many women have, I am sure). So it broke my heart a little when I realized it. Of course, that reality hit me when Brian and I were standing in an aisle at Target. EXCELLENT TIMING. Meltdown in aisle 6!
I am SO lucky and GRATEFUL that my friend will set the whole thing up for me (with Brian) and I know it will be SO beautiful. Its just one of the things I have to let go of and be ok with. This high-risk pregnancy business is a lot tougher than I could have imagined. I just have to modify some of my expectations. :)
Still, there is so much to be so happy about and I AM so happy! We are anxiously counting the days until our appointment on Wednesday when we will hopefully be able to find out the sexes of each baby. We are SO EXCITED!!!

Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers and support. It has made a world of difference for us.


Much love!

Cindy

0 comments: