Friday, November 6, 2009

29 Again

29 Again

Hey there. I'm here. Barely...but I am here.

I have a couple of posts in the works with pictures and fun updates but we're currently busy getting my house ready for a party. And, NO, I don't have the $ to throw a party - BUT, our friends are throwing (all the planning, funding, organizing, etc) my sister and me a joint birthday party tomorrow (I am turning 33 on November 7 and my sister is turning 25 on November 8)! All we are providing is the tidy house...so you SEE WHY I AM BUSY? I've got to somehow get this house in shape for tomorrow. All while someone just pulled every single wipe out of the box onto the floor and someone else just smeared black beans on the wall. Let's just pray that no one takes a dump on the floor.

Oh, and because I am not busy enough, I start a new job on Monday. I'll be working 5 days a week PM shifts so that when Brian does find work (PLEASE GOD) I can stay with the kids and then go to work while Brian stays with them at night. This Means Brian is with them and we're making huge adjustments. Yes, I realize that sounds insane but we don't want to put them in daycare if we don't have to. And really? I don't have a choice. We've had no income (besides unemployment which barely covers rent) and HUGE expenses like medical insurance. The well is DRY and the bills keep coming. This economy sucks. I know 6 other families whose breadwinner lost their jobs in the last 3 months. Layoffs. SUCKS.

So, like I said, I am starting a new job on Monday. I will be making less than I was making when we first got married 7 years ago and I am excited about it because we need the money. We need the benefits. We need not to be in the same house together 24 hours a day because, let me tell you, that's not good for anyone. Do I want to leave my kids? No. I will leave during their nap and get home way WAY past their bedtime. It kills me. But we gotta survive and while Brian continues to pound the pavement, I am glad and grateful that I found something. So many people need jobs right now.

Everything feels like chaos right now. I wish I could go into it more but I have things to do so I need to go do them. More posts soon. Pictures and updates and general bitching for sure.

Please continue to pray for our family.

P.S. OMG I am going to be 33 tomorrow. Remember when that was OLD? When did I get so old? *SIGH*

0 comments: