Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My kids in a box...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!

My kids in a box...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!

We had a busy but good long weekend! "Long" because Brian had Friday and Monday off of work. Although we didn't get to do some of the stuff on our list (the list is always longer than we think!), it was nice to be at home together for four days in a row.

Actually, there was some bitter-sweetness as our very close family friends (Andy, Sandy & Emma) moved to Denver this weekend. On their last day here, both Brian and I woke up grouchy and so sad. I cried off and on for two days straight. Seriously. I tried not to cry in front of them because all they needed during the move (which can be stressful enough!) was my big tears to make things tougher. Of course, I ended up bawling on the phone with them. Of. Course.
As much as we'll miss them, we are SO HAPPY for them as they embark on this new journey. I will continue to pray for them and send them LOTS of LOVE. We are looking forward to visiting! Now all I have to do is convince Sandy to join Facebook! ;)

As far as the sickness is concerned, the babies are almost all better! They're still (STILL!!!) really snotty but they're pretty much all better. Finally! Thank goodness. :)

On Saturday morning, Brian went out for a haircut and I was antsy with the babies. I wasn't able to take them for a walk (raining) so I thought I'd see how they would respond to a baby dvd. Problem is there is no TV in the playroom and the only TV in the house is on the other side of the house in the NON child-proofed laundry folding area living room.
Since there is only one of me and three of them AND I am not able to go in THREE different directions, I wasn't sure how I would manage this. Then I remembered that they LOVE when we put them into boxes! It sounds ridiculous, I know, but its hilarious!

Sooooo, I put them into one of my rubbermaid bins and choo-chooed them through the house into the living room. They LOVED the ride! And they also sat completely still in that box while while watching the TV. Granted, it was only for five minutes...but STILL! They were completely mesmerized by the animation and I was dying over the cuteness! These aren't the best quality as they were taken with my cameraphone, but you get the picture!


These bins are my FAVORITE as they are SO useful! I have several and I use them for laundry, to store blankets, to transport stuff from room to room, to carry supplies in the car for when we go out with the babies and NOW as a baby shuttle and holding bin! WHO KNEW?!

Alexis LOVES being in a box...silly girl!

Totally un-box-related, check out my little pot belly preemie! I love her little after lunch tummy!


Last but not least, today is Brian's 34th birthday! I remember his last birthday all three babies were finally home and we were delirious and exhausted! He spent his birthday feeding babies and let me catch up on sleep for a couple of hours. I was SO sleep deprived and on-edge. Remember? How did we make it through that? I still can't believe it.

Brian, you are the best husband and daddy I could have ever wished for! Thank you for being so dedicated to our family and for being my team-mate in life. I love you!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!

Leave a comment for Brian to send him some birthday luv! :)

0 comments: