Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm back!

I'm back!

Quickly, quickly!

A WHOLE WEEK without posting?!? Oh how I’ve missed you! Silly? YES! But that’s one of the reasons you come here, right? You like my brand of nutty. Admit it!

I am so glad to have made it through last week. ALL THREE of my babies were sick. AND Brian got sick too! Thank goodness he’s not as fussy as they are and can wipe his own nose and bottom.

Although they are still sniffly and snotty, the babies are SO MUCH BETTER. I cannot believe how much snot three toddlers can produce. I am trying to keep on top of it but I feel like its everywhere and I want to use those Clorox wipes on everything.

I was fuh-reaking out about all the wheezing and coughing – especially from Jackson. He sounded awful. Coughing, coughing, coughing. Whining, whining, whining. SOOOO whiny. Misery. Everyone has been exhausted. Its been a real party!

On Tuesday (I think it was Tuesday?), we took the babies to the pediatrician. The first thing the pediatrician asked me was,

“How did they get sick?”

I blushed. I felt so convicted. I knew why he was asking. He was frankly surprised because he knew that we were RSV season isolators. I sheepishly admitted that we took them to a birthday party. I felt like an ass.

He said, “Aaaaah. A birthday party…always sick children at a birthday party.”

Yes doctor, I took my preemie lunged babies to a birthday party right in the thick of RSV season. I KNOW. Thankyouverymuch.

BTW, Brian is going to smack me if I don’t SHUT UP ALREADY about how its my fault that the babies got sick. Its over. As my friend Sandy would say, “Build a bridge and GET. OVER. IT.”

*ahem*

So, back to the pediatrician appointment. He took a look and listen and said they have bad colds but thankfully (no thanks to me – here’s where Brian smacks me) they DO NOT have RSV. Not even ear infections. Itty bitty fevers (by then their temperatures had gone down some) but overall nothing to be too scared over. Can you say “PHEW”!?! Do it…it feels great.

“PHEW!”

I only got a prescription for Albuterol for Jackson, but only as needed. I haven’t needed it. I am so glad that they’re turning a corner. Like I said, they’re snotty and slobbery (molars coming in?) but they’re much happier and not in constant whining mode. Now its just almost constant whining. Big difference by the end of the day, trust me.

As the house gets better, I am trying to get caught up with my regular list of stuff to do. I would like to stop time and get all caught up with everything AND sleep for three days. How’s that for realistic?!

I’ve got lots more I wanna share but I already used up this nap of theirs to type this out instead of folding laundry. I really don’t like to fold laundry, btw.

Oh and BTW, if you did the 100 things, let me know. I'd love to read yours!

0 comments: