Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rambling, Stats and Pictures!

Rambling, Stats and Pictures!

Well, hey there! Did I say I was going to publish a post before the weekend? Well, silly me. And silly you for believing me! HA! Oh, and...sorry about that. Can I blame it on the babies? No? I know, of course not.

In fact, I really can't stand that crap - blaming stuff on the babies. Like being fat for instance. Nobody's fat because they had babies. They're fat because they eat too much and don't move enough. I would love to blame my ever-growing gut on the babies, but you and I both know that is a crock. A big stinky crock of you-know-what. Now, the saggy bag-o-skin hanging in front of me? I CAN blame that on the pregnancy. Just not the jelly inside the bag-o-skin. I am personally responsible for the stuff INSIDE the fanny pack - just not the pack itself. Just want to make that very clear for everyone.

And another thing that drives me nuts is the whole eating for two b.s. I was technically four people when I was pregnant and I still only added 900 calories to my diet. I wasn't dieting or anything. In fact, I stuffed my face when I could (when I didn't feel like throwing up). But I knew right well that anything that I added to my body was not going to magically disappear once the babies were born. In fact, I've GAINED weight since the babies were born. Ugh. I'll have to talk about that in another more embarassing post.

Back to topic. Ah, yes. I haven't posted because I just haven't and I can't blame it on the babies. I take full responsibility for not doing it. I should just stop telling you I am going to do something because I end up having way less time and/or energy than I think and then *POOF* a couple of days pass. You understand, don't you?

Gee, I am a chatty gal, aren't I?

Anyhow, It was nice to have a long weekend. Not that my job changes much from day to day, but at least I have Brian at home with me on the weekend to help with the babies. This helps to keep me a little more sane and a little less sweaty.

I am sure Brian was more than ready to go back to work just to get a break from running in circles with babies and hearing the constant screeching noise that has become the soundtrack to my days. We have lovingly nicknamed Alexis "The Pterodactyl Baby" and I am sure you can figure out the reason. She has taken to constantly making a weird reeching sound. Is reeching a word? No. But I don't know how else to describe the sound.

Anyhow, here's one of the main reasons for the post...their latest stats. Their doctor's appointment was last week and aside from the shots it was a pretty pleasant deal. They keep getting easier, that's for sure.

Here are the numbers:

Alexis:
Weight - 18lbs 8oz
Height - 28 inches
Head Circumference - 43 1/2cm

Zachary:
Weight - 22lbs 9oz
Height - 31 1/2 inches
Head Circumference - 47 3/4 cm

Jackson:
Weight - 24lbs 7oz
Height - 31 1/2 inches
Head Circumference - 47 cm

They've grown so much!!!

They are doing a lot of imitation and its so cute. For example, Jackson will mimic me when I say things like "Uh Oh! or "Zach Zach" (for Zachary). Its so cute. They'll dance when I start to sing. They like to copy each other and make the same noises at the same time. Things get pretty loud around here!

Alexis is walking now, although she is still really wobbly. She is determined and persistent. She gets so frustrated when she falls down and she gets right back up. Its pretty cute.

They like to eat shredded cheese, string cheese, noodles, turkey, peas and carrots, strawberries, ritz crackers, toast with yogurt, sweet potato fries, and scrambled eggs. Any more ideas of what to feed them are welcomed! PLEASE!

Here are some shots from our recent walks. Enjoy!


IMG_9745

IMG_9744

IMG_9713

IMG_9766

IMG_9810

IMG_9826

IMG_9829

IMG_9729

IMG_9805

IMG_9775

IMG_9726


Click here for the entire set of pictures

0 comments: