Friday, April 4, 2008

The reason you haven't seen a pic of my bare post pregnancy belly

The reason you haven't seen a pic of my bare post pregnancy belly

Sometime in January...

Cindy: I am thinking of posting a belly pic now.

Brian: Now? You're not pregnant anymore.

Cindy: Yeah, like a post-pregnancy belly shot. Before and after.

Brian: I don't think that's a good idea.

Cindy: We'll see. I'll think about it more.


A couple weeks later...

Cindy: So, I'm thinking I'm gonna post belly shot.

Brian: Are you serious?

Cindy: Yes

Brian: I don't think so.

Cindy: Why??

Brian: You do realize that EVERYONE we know IN REAL LIFE reads the blog, right? Your parents, my parents, our entire family, all of our friends, people I work with...

Cindy: yup

Brian: And you don't care?

Cindy: no

Brian: (long pause) I don't think so.


A couple of weeks later...

Cindy: So I'm thinking of posting a picture of my post-pregnancy belly.

Brian: WHAT???

Cindy: Yeah

Brian: You're kidding, right?

Cindy: No.

Brian: But we already talked about this.

Cindy: Yeah, I know. I want to post it. I know I'D want to see someone's post pregnancy belly shot. ESPECIALLY post triplets pregnancy. I want to show people the pouch. The apron. The fanny pack. The...

Brian: Stop.

Cindy: WHAT??

Brian: You are NOT posting a pic of your belly. I am drawing the line.

Cindy: Come on!

Brian: No.

Cindy: Why not?

Brian: Because its TOO MUCH! You're sharing too much.

Cindy: Do you not remember the stuff I posted about during my pregnancy?? That wasn't too much???

Brian: That's different.

Cindy: Why?

Brian: I don't know...because you were pregnant. Now you're not. No one wants to see that.

Cindy: (long pause) you're embarrassed, aren't you? You're embarrassed by the fanny-pack...

Brian: Ohmygod...are you kidding me??? STOP it. I am not embarrassed. Its just too much.

Cindy: come on...

Brian: No.

Cindy: fine.

Brian: fine.

A couple of weeks later...

Cindy: So, I'm thinking about posting a post-pregnancy belly shot.

Brian: Cindy...

Cindy: WHAT???

Brian: STOP.

Cindy: WHAT?

Brian: I am NOT going to change my mind. STOP ASKING.

Cindy: WHATEVER.

0 comments: