Saturday, March 22, 2008

busy time!

The week ended very busily with TWO doctors appointments for the babies. On Wednesday all three had an opthalmologist appointment to check for R.O.P. (retinopathy of prematurity). We waited FOREVER and I was drawing from all of my insides not to completely panic as over an hour went by and their 3pm feeding time passed and we still hadn't been seen. The babies started squirming and were about to explode when we were finally seen. It was difficult because we had their carriers tented to protect them from light since their eyes were dilated. So it wasn't like i could just pull them out and hold them to comfort them in the BRIGHT waiting room of the doctor's office. Thankfully my sister and Brian were both there so we were able to have one person per baby which was nice! Overall, they did GREAT and we rushed home to feed them. I had to adjust the rest of the night since we were an hour and a half late in feeding them but it worked out fine. And most importantly, their retinas still look great! The next appointment is in six weeks.

The following morning we had the big appointment for them to get their Synagis shots. Brian had the day off of work so he and I took them to the doctor's office. Thankfully we didn't have to wait long at all and were in fact seen as soon as we came into the office. The babies SCREAMED and I cried my eyes out - TEARS FOR EVERYONE except daddy. The poor things - I felt so bad. I could not contain my tears. Especially for Zachary as he seemed totally shocked and very upset. It broke my heart. And they're pretty big shots! WOW. Anyhow, I am so grateful that they were approved and have the protection for another thirty days. I asked when RSV is officially over for our region and the office said they didn't have that info yet and that we might need another round of shots for one more month's protection. We'll find out when the info is officially released. I am so hoping that it will end soon. I am so tired of keeping them isolated! I want to take them out and show them off!
During this appointment, we had them weighed before each shot. My babies have grown so much!


Alexis 8lbs 1 oz

Zachary 11lbs 6.5oz

Jackson 14lbs 7 oz


Can you believe how big they are?!!? I know I keep saying this but its so amazing how much they have grown! I am so just grateful that they are healthy and happy babies.


We have spent the rest of the week and this weekend getting our stuff ready to move. The official moving-in day is March 30. I don't know how we're doing it but somehow its coming together. Just a little every day. I look forward to being all moved in and settled!


Very early this morning I was feeling really sick - like I ate something that didn't agree with me. I thought I was going to throw up on one of the babies during one of the middle of the night feedings - I am not kidding. Thankfully, Brian got up to do the feeding with me so I wasn't alone. I felt HORRIBLE all morning but by this afternoon things have gotten better.


The babies are waking up so I better go!


Much Love,

Cindy

0 comments: