Monday, December 10, 2007

This started as a regular post... and then... SURPRISE!

The swelling is creeping up. Its hard to tell how much at first, but if you push your finger into my skin it stays dented And my belly is growing so the proportion changes. I have gained 7 lbs since last week - in less than 5 days. Yikes. This is a total of 62 lbs and many more to go. It is hopefully not just from the swelling and fluid retention but also from the babies growing. DeVore will let us know tomorrow how big they approximately are. It seems like a hundred years from now. I am using all of my energy to make it!

This afternoon Dr Chung, the neonatologist, came by to visit with me and to bring me some peppermint bark, which I love! How did she know? Anyway, she is possibly one of the sweetest people I've ever met. I wish Brian was here when she came by so he could meet her. She told me not to be afraid and that my babies will go home healthy and that although they will be immature and need some NICU help at first, she feels really good about them and their sizes and their development so far. She sensed my fears and looked me right in the eyes and said "don't be afraid" and hugged me and I used all I had in me to swallow back huge tears. Some people can just get right inside of you and she is one of those people. She's one of the most genuine and engaging people I've ever met.

Then Lantry came in and I told her that I am using everything I've got to get through each day and that I cannot use any of my energy to deal with Miserable Nurse. She told me I didn't have to deal with that nurse for the rest of my time here and that she would take care of it. I don't want to cause any problems but I really need to take care of myself and these babies and if that means I stay away from nasty people then so be it. I have heard that other people have asked not to have Miserable Nurse as well - that I am definitely NOT the only one. Why does she still work here??


OKAY.... As I was typing this post, my water broke at about 10:30 pm. It is now 12:30 AM and I am having pain and labor and all that crap. They are going to section me at 5:30 AM. I tried to hold on at least until 32 weeks, but the babies had other plans. Now I am laying here with monitors on the babies, my IV with antibiotics, I got a shot of terb and I am wearing really "comfy" mesh underwear that is holding in this enormous maxi-pad type of deal that is absorbing my gushing amniotic fluid. I have SERIOUS back pain with each contraction and I am in FULL LABOR; so, the terb should help.

My sister is typing this for me now and Brian is getting something to eat. Please pray that my babies will be okay. Someone will update this very soon.

Much love,