Saturday, December 1, 2007

Hospital day 6 - quick update

Last night I took a bit of a nosedive and after Brian left I started having more contractions with more pressure than usual. Turns out they were coming every 2 to 4 minutes and they were getting stronger. I was unable to get them to subside on my own (side lying, breathing, etc). They were still not what I would call painful, but very strong and more difficult to breathe through than before. I also was not getting enough oxygen to my blood. They ended up giving me a shot of Terbutaline (I know, I thought we weren't going there) which made me shake so hard and I felt like my chest was going to explode. I really hated it. Its weird to be so tired but have yout body shake so hard that you can't sleep. My hands were shaking so hard, they were bouncing on the bed. I began to have spasms in other places too, but eventually the contractions subsided a bit. They ended up giving me Ambien at almost 2 AM and I was able to sleep through the shaking for a couple of hours. Needless to say, I am VERY tired today. I'll try get the 30 week post out today or tomorrow - depending on how I feel. In the meantime, I am going to try and lay down and much as possible and limit my stimuli for a while.

Another fun thing, Lantry came to visit this morning to check on me and let me know that the insurance company wants to send me home because according to them there is nothing 'wrong enough' with me to keep me here. I don't even get that. I can't imagine being at home with those contractions and all that pelvic pressure. I would have come to the triage anyway - I would not have stayed home with contractions 2 minutes apart! And don't forget my short cervix! What the hell??? We'll see what happens with that. I can't get stressed about it I just need to stay calm to try and keep away those contractions.
In the meantime, thanks for your prayers and comments for the both of us. I'll give you the full scoop later.

Much Love,
Cindy

0 comments: