Thursday, November 22, 2007

28w6d - Thanksgiving in the triage!

28w6d - Thanksgiving in the triage!
Hi Everyone-

We just got home from what was supposed to be our regularly scheduled NST. They were having a hard time monitoring the babies at first and it turned out that it was because I was having regular contractions - 3 minutes apart. Luckly, Lantry was there making her rounds so they grabbed her. She ordered an fFN test (fetal fibronectin test). If the test came out positive for fFN, it would mean that it was likely that I would go into labor within the next 2 weeks. If that were the case, I would have to have been admitted right then and there. So the nurse administered the test (NOT fun - similar to a Pap smear except with NO lube) and we crossed our fingers and waited an hour for the results. Thankfully the results were NEGATIVE (WOO HOO!) which means I likely have at least another 2 weeks to cook these babies! My contractions let up a bit and it was determined that I was probably having so many of them because I was on my back for so long as they were looking for stubborn baby A with the monitor. Before I left, the contractions lessened to every 5 to 8 minutes but much less regular than before. Lantry said I could go home but that I was DEFINITELY, without a doubt still being admitted for the rest of the pregnancy on Monday. This was just fine with me, especially after just thinking that I was going to be admitted today! I luckily still have the rest of the weekend so I am happy. I am completely drained, though. Four hours in triage today felt more like 24 hours! I am looking forward to spending the next couple of days in bed - I never thought I'd say that! I am just so tired now. But I am SO HAPPY to be home today so I can eat my mom's turkey and sleep in my own bed another few days. Happy Thankgiving to you all!
Much Love,
Cindy

0 comments: