Friday, November 9, 2007

27 Weeks

Hi Everyone-
Its been almost a week since being put on strict home bedrest. It has been a difficult week but I am hanging in there. I was happy to be at home and not in the hospital for my birthday. Not that there was anything exciting that happened but just the fact that I could be at home and not hooked up to machines with needles and monitors has been nice. What is also nice is that all of our parents have stocked us up with really good home cooked food and goodies! Thank goodness for parents! My mom has come over almost every night and prepared me yummy korean food, washed dishes and massaged my legs. Its so very nice! Brian has been great, too. This is a lot harder on a relationship than we anticipated but he is taking good care of me. We're making the necessary adjustments. Although there are lots of things that 'need' to be done, we've decided to let some of it go for now and take it easy this week since this is possibly my last week at home and our last week together at home for weeks. We're just trying to enjoy spending this alone time together, as boring as it may be for him sitting on the couch with me.
I am still feeling more of the same. Incredibly exhausted. Some things seem to be getting worse, like the numbness in my arms and legs which is most difficult in my hands/fingers. Its not the end of the world since I don't have to write much and those thank you cards will just have to wait even longer!
My muscles feel like oatmeal - completely mushy - and they ache. I still can't breathe. Still out of breath when baby C is in my lungs and just talking wears me out sometimes. I would probably make some phone calls or talk on the phone more if it didn't completely wear me out. Like everything else, some days are better than others. I am trying to stay positive! But some days I am just down. I think not going outside and being 'stuck' really has that effect. I just want to go outside! Aside from the physical part, there is a real psychological thing that goes with this. I'm not exactly weepy but sometimes I just feel sad. I mean, I am happy inside but I just feel overwhelmed sometimes. And then a couple of hours later I am fine. Its so weird. These hormones!
Its so funny, last night I woke up in bed and almost threw up all over the place. Poor brian would have had a shock, being puked on in his sleep. Anyway, I didn't end up throwing up but it was the weirdest thing. I don't know what that was. Just par for the course, I guess. Maybe someone jumped on my stomach or something!
Speaking of jumping, these babies are moving and kicking HARD. As uncomfortable as it can be, its one of the fun parts of this crazy pregnancy. I lay there just giggling sometimes because they won't let me sleep! It seems now that one gets started and gets the other ones going. Like a chain reaction. I just can't wait to see them do this outside the womb!
I have an appointment with a GI doctor on Tuesday which I am trying not to be nervous about. Dr. Lantry herself called me on Thursday to tell me that the official results of the GI ultrasound I had while in the hospital came back and there was something about liver dysfunction or something like that. It all seemed fuzzy since I was napping when she called. She said she wanted me to see a Gastroenterologist and that she was sending a referral in right away. I was surprised at her urgency - it worried me a little. I don't know what to expect and I am anxious to get some answers. I just want everything to be ok for the babies. Please pray - I'll let you know as soon as I know anything.
Otherwise, this has been a pretty uneventful 31st birthday week on my side in bed/on the couch. I am grateful that we are at 27 weeks and I pray that the babies continue to be healthy and my body holds on for another 6 weeks. When I think about 6 more weeks I want to cry because I am so physically miserable but I know this is a short period of time in the scheme of things and I will do whatever i need to do to get these babies to cook as long as possible.


27 week pictures for you!



Brian & me in the kitchen:The belly - can you tell its bigger and heavier?
The always flattering bare belly shots:


Relaxing on the couch:


Thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes and your continued support and prayers. It means so much and its so nice to hear from you, especially when I am going crazy over here!

Much Love,

Cindy

0 comments: