Friday, June 25, 2010

Wiped Out And Stretched Thin

Wiped Out And Stretched Thin

I know its been FOREVER since I've posted. My house has been sick for weeks and weeks. I actually got the sickest and had to go on antibiotics. The kids are fine now and I am finally over the big sinus infection that leveled us a couple weeks ago.
Unfortunately, I woke up this morning VIOLENTLY ILL and have had a rough day. I think I have stomach flu or food poisoning. Whatever it is, it feels like death and I cannot wait to be rid of it! I cannot afford to miss any more work. WE cannot afford for me to miss any more work.
I am sure my immunity is low because we are overextended, burning from both ends and stretched too thin. Its the only way we can make it right now. We are still working our way back since Brian's layoff last year and this has proved to be much more challenging than I could have ever anticipated. We have completely opposite schedules and no days off together. We are like two ships in the night and both our plates are overflowing. It has taken its toll for sure and the only consolation I have is that we have no choice right now. This is what we need to do for right now - it's not forever. But I can't lie, we are really struggling. This kind of life is hard on a family and I continue to pray that we make it through this challenging time with minimal damage.
I started a very candid post last week but I just haven't finished it. Aside from the time, it's emotionally draining to talk about. For the handful of readers left, thanks for sticking around :) Talk to you soon!

0 comments: