Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday Weigh-In

So I know that I totally skipped last week's OSB Wednesday Weigh-in post and for that I apologize. Let me update you thus far on my de-chubbification.

In the interest of brevity, I give you my update in bullet points:

· For now, I am NOT going to Weight Watchers meetings. Instead, I have decided to do the point counting at home. I have all the supplies (points counter, scale, journal). Meetings would cost me $40+ a month and that is a lot of money when you’re on one income. That $40 could instead buy an extra large case of diapers, a new sports bra, gas for the car, a casual dinner IN A RESTAURANT for me and Brian. And that one itself is pretty exciting because instead of being sweaty, greasy and smelling like ointment I can brush my hair! Put on a bra! Wear a little makeup! And sit down for a meal that I don’t have to make or clean! IS THERE EVEN A CHOICE?

· And speaking of sports bra, I’ve been doing the Couch to 5K Revolution on the treadmill and I LOVE it! I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. I didn’t realize how much I would enjoy it but I really do. Once the babies go to bed for the night, I just zone out and go to town, sweatin' like a hog on the treadmill. I feel SO much better! Now, I just gotta deal with the fanny pack.

· According to the scale at home I’ve lost @2 lbs. Yes, I know that’s not a lot but its progress and its better than getting fatter. I was doing that REALLY FAST.

· And somewhat related but not really…Metformin. I’ve been taking it for over a month now for my PCOS symptoms. Other than the exciting digestive symptoms (either bloating or diarrhea…that’s right, I just typed DIARRHEA and I’m NOT even pregnant!!!). The gastrointestinal symptoms seem to have become more manageable, thank goodness, and I am starting to see a little change. I got a period which is good, I think. I don’t even know. My guess is I am going to be on it for a while before I know whether or not it will really have any effect on my PCOS symptoms. Until then, I am hopeful.

SO there it is. Not too exciting but at least I’m finally updating! Good luck to my fellow OSBers this week!
Also, if you are interested on any info regarding the Couch to 5K program just e-mail me! I’ll try to reply sometime this year. Just kidding! Mostly.
So much for brevity!

0 comments: