Friday, November 2, 2007

26 Weeks

I don't have a huge weekly update for you.
Today, I had my 10am appt. with Lantry. The scale showed that I lost 4 pounds since last week. I had been having intense abdominal pain that had gotten worse overnight as well as the continued diarrhea. That and the 4 lbs weight loss was enough for her...she sent me to L&D to be admitted right away and called DeVore. She sent orders for each baby to be constantly monitored until DeVore checks me. This means I am wearing 4 monitors across my belly (1 for each baby and 1 for the contractions) which is pretty uncomfortable. Unfortunately, everyone was calling DeVore and no one was able to get a hold of him. I just found out about an hour ago (its almost 11pm now) that he is out of town for the entire weekend and I wont see him until most likely Tuesday. This evening I had a GI ultrasound to check my gall bladder and other stuff. I don't know anything from that yet. I just need to get comfy because according to Lantry, the best case scenario is that I get to go home next week - worse case (and more likely) is that I am here until the babies come. I must admit, I didn't expect this today. I didn't pack a bag so when my sister (who went with me to this morning's appointment) walked me over to maternity to get admitted, I was overwhelmed and unprepared. Luckily I had most of my things packed at home and Brian was able to bring my stuff to me. My mom & dad came by and Brian came back later and brought me pillows and clothes and more stuff from home. Enough for at least 4 nights here. I am so bummed, I don't want to be here but I know its best for me and the babies. I just want the pain to go away. Dr. Lanrty approved me to take Ambien to help me stay asleep so hopefully I get more sleep. I have not slept well the past couple of days since the abdominal pain has been waking me up through-out the night. I am very tired and very uncomfortable. I was finally allowed to eat at 8:30 PM and even though I am uncomfortable, I was starving so I cleaned my plate. The doctor approved me to take demerol for pain and I just took an Ambien so I anticipate falling asleep pretty soon. I'll let you know when I know more.

0 comments: